THIS AGREEMENT is entered into on _________________ between APARTMENT RENTALS, hereinafter called LESSOR, and ______________________________, ________________________________, ______________________________, _____________________________, _________________________________ hereinafter called LESSEE(S).
1. PREMISES. LESSEE hereby rents from LESSOR ____________________________________ located in Pullman, Washington ___ Moscow, Idaho ___.
2. TERM. This lease commences on _______________________. This lease ends on ________________________.
3. RENT. Rent is $________ per month, or $__________ for the duration of the lease. If the commencement date of this lease is other than the first day of the calendar month, a full month's rent will be due initially with the second month's prorated portion due and payable on the first day of the following month. Rent not paid by the third day is considered delinquent. No payments in cash shall be accepted for rent or for any other charges. LESSEE shall pay rent by check or money order made payable to WASHINGTON APARTMENT RENTALS, LLC, for Pullman properties, or to IDAHO APARTMENT RENTALS, LLC for Moscow properties, and mailed or delivered to 1325 NE Valley Rd. #25, Pullman, WA 99163. Online payments involving credit cards, bank transfers and the like are acceptable payment options (see our web site http://www.apartmentrentalsinc.com/paylease.html).
4. LATE CHARGE /RETURNED CHECK CHARGE. Rent is to be paid without demand in full in advance on or before the first day of each month. If the total rent is not received by the CLOSE OF BUSINESS of the third (3rd) day of the month there will be a Forty Dollar ($40) charge in addition to the full amount of the rent. LESSEE further understands that if a check is returned from the bank or lending institutions where it was drawn for any reason there will be a Forty Dollar ($40) charge. Such payments must be in the form of a money order or cashier's check. NOTE: If a returned check is redeemed after the 3rd, LESSEE owes BOTH the late charge AND the returned check charge. In the event it becomes necessary for LESSOR to consult with an attorney in order to enforce any of the terms of this Agreement, LESSEE agrees to pay all LESSOR’S reasonable costs, expenses, and attorney's fees allowed by law.
5. DEPOSITS. LESSEE shall herewith pay and maintain a damage, cleaning, and security deposit as per clause 23 below to APARTMENT RENTALS, which LESSOR shall deposit at LESSOR’s bank. The deposit shall be used to compensate LESSOR for unpaid rent, cleaning charges, property damage, or other charges owing by LESSEE. The deposit, to the extent refundable, shall be returned to LESSEE after the end of the lease within the period dictated by law. LESSOR shall include a list of charges, if any, LESSOR claims from the deposit. Charges for cleaning and damage shall be at the rate of TWENTY DOLLARS ($20.00) per person hour.
6. ASSIGNABILITY. LESSEE hereby agrees not to assign this lease or sublet the premises without prior written permission from the LESSOR and all co-LESSEES, if any. If lease is assigned, the rent rate will increase to current market rate, but in no event shall it be lowered. If LESSOR grants such consent, the fees incurred in execution of the assignment shall be paid by LESSEE in the following manner: (1) THIRTY DOLLARS ($30.00) for preparation of all documents, or (2) SIXTY DOLLARS ($60.00) if LESSOR obtains assignment acceptable to LESSEE. LESSEE shall be liable for any difference between the rent required herein, and that paid by the replacement LESSEE, and all other obligations of LESSEE hereunder. Excepting dependent children, only those who have signed this agreement as LESSEE shall reside in the premises.
7. CONDITION, CONDUCT, REPAIRS, SMOKING. LESSOR shall keep the premises fit for human habitation to include structural components, common areas, and appliances, and shall keep the common areas reasonably safe from defects increasing the hazards of fire or accident. LESSEE shall care for the premises and maintain them as they now exist except for reasonable wear and tear and keep that part of the premises which resident occupies and uses clean and sanitary, and not permit a nuisance or common waste to occur. LESSEE shall not place any hooks or other devices in any ceiling, shall not remove furnishings, drive nails into, use glue type picture hanger, or otherwise deface woodwork, walls, or paint without LESSOR'S permission. LESSEE shall not permit any act of destruction; or allow anything to bother or interfere with other tenants, such as causing unreasonable noise. LESSEE shall notify LESSOR immediately of any loose ceiling material. LESSOR shall make major repairs not made necessary by LESSEE'S negligence or not otherwise chargeable to LESSEE hereunder. All repairs made by LESSOR as a result of LESSEE'S actions shall be charged TWENTY DOLLARS ($20.00) per person hour. LESSEE shall be responsible for other damage, specifically including:
Minor repairs and maintenance, such as plugged drains not caused by defective plumbing.
Damage caused by LESSEE'S guests.
Damage caused by leakage, heat failure, or similar causes which are not promptly reported to LESSOR by LESSEE upon LESSEE'S discovery of such defect.
Damage caused by LESSEE'S failure to leave heat on during cold weather.
LESSEE shall be responsible for other damage, specifically including repair of appliances or furniture caused by fire. LESSEE understands that there will be NO rent reductions, adjustments or other compensation due to repairs or interruption of service except as provided by law. LESSEE shall not smoke or allow smoking. Cleaning done by LESSOR as a result of LESSEE’s smoking shall be charged TWNETY DOLLARS ($20.00) per person hour plus materials. Smoking in an apartment results in a FIFTY DOLLAR ($50.00) fine to the LESSEE, per incident.
8. PETS. LESSEE shall not keep or harbor animals or pets of any kind on the premises without LESSOR'S written permission.
9. UTILITIES. LESSOR shall furnish Water ___, Garbage ___ (dumpster, or one can per week, where provided), Hot Water ___, Sewer ___, None ___, Other ___. LESSEE shall pay for and furnish all other utilities, including hook up charges, if any, internet, TV cable and telephone, if applicable. Electrical power shall be maintained by LESSEE for the entire lease term. Under no circumstances shall LESSEE direct the Power Company to interrupt electrical service during the term of the lease without obtaining permission from LESSOR.
10. RISK OF LOSS. LESSOR shall not be responsible for the loss of property by fire, theft, or any other reasons not due to LESSOR'S negligence. If the premises are rendered uninhabitable by fire or other casualty, LESSOR may, at his option, terminate this lease or repair the premises within (30) days and upon failing to do so, or upon the complete destruction of said premises by fire or other such casualty, this lease shall cease and terminate. Rent shall be abated during periods the premises are uninhabitable. Renter's insurance is LESSEE'S responsibility.
11. RIGHT OF ENTRY. LESSOR may enter the premises at reasonable times and on reasonable notice to LESSEE (time and date, if possible) to repair, inspect, and exhibit the same for sale or rent, and may place a "for sale" or "for rent" sign on the property. LESSOR may enter the premises without consent of, or notice to the residents in case of emergency or abandonment.
12. LAWN. LESSEE is responsible for lawn care if premises are duplex or single family dwelling.
13. CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT. LESSEE agrees to complete, sign, and return the check-in sheet provided for the purpose of noting the condition of the unit at the time of move in. This form is to be retained for check-out purposes. Failure to file this form waives the LESSEE'S right to claim damages were present prior to occupancy. Other than conditions noted on check-in form, LESSEE accepts dwelling unit as is. LESSEE agrees to shampoo carpeting, and clean blinds upon vacancy, or agree to pay for this to be done. Check out time shall be no later than 11 a.m.
14. USE OF THE PREMISES. LESSEE agrees to use the premises exclusively as a residence and to comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, public rules and governmental regulations, including no smoking of any kind inside any of our units..
15. WAIVER OF SUBROGATION. Each party releases the other from and waives any claim of recovery for loss of or damage to property arising from standard fire and extended coverage perils as defined in standard insurance policies due to negligence. LESSEE shall be responsible for fire caused by LESSEE’S negligence. Each party shall inform their insurers of this provision promptly.
16. DEFAULT. If LESSEE fails to pay rent or breaches this lease, LESSOR may, after proper notice, file a lawsuit to regain possession of the apartment but this shall not relieve LESSEE from payment of rent for the remainder of the lease term.
17. LESSEE'S WARRANTY. LESSEE warrants that he/she/or they, are 18 or over, and have read and understood this lease.
18. LEGAL FEE/VENUE. In the event it becomes necessary for LESSOR to employ an attorney to enforce any of LESSOR'S right under this agreement or any law of this state, LESSEE agrees to pay LESSOR the actual amount of all costs, expenses, and attorney's fees incurred by LESSOR in connection herewith, whether or not a suit is filed. This lease shall be constructed under the laws of the State in which it was executed. Venue of any action hereunder for premises in Pullman, Washington, shall be in Whitman County and for premises in Moscow, Idaho, shall be in Latah County.
19. REPRESENTATION. The Application to Rent is to be considered a material inducement to execute this agreement. The falsity of any part of such application shall entitle LESSOR to terminate this agreement.
20. LIABILITY. All LESSEES on this lease shall be jointly and individually liable for all of LESSEE'S obligations hereunder, it being understood that each LESSEE is individually liable for all such obligations, specifically to include, but not limited to, the payment of the entire rent. It is expressly understood and agreed that each LESSEE is the agent of any and/or all other lessees on this lease.
21. REGULATIONS. LESSOR may from time to time adopt regulations concerning use of the premises and common areas which the LESSEE agrees become part of this lease and will be complied with.
22. WATERBEDS AND ANTENNAS. Neither waterbeds nor TV/Radio antennas will be attached onto the building without LESSOR'S written consent.
23. PAYMENT STATUS. The following payments are required under this lease and are due on the dates specified. If each of said payments is not timely made, LESSOR, at his option, may: (1) retain all payments received as liquidated damages and declare the lease rescinded, or (2) enforce the terms of the lease.
|TYPE OF PAYMENT||AMOUNT US$||DATE DUE||COMMENTS|
|First Month's Rent|
|Final Month's Rent|
|Pet Fee: First Month|
|Pet Fee: Final Month|